Prof. Dr. Ali Dad Chandio
Ag. Chairman / Associate Professor (Materials Characterization)
Head, Materials & Surface Engineering Research Group
NED University of Engineering & Technology
University Road, Karachi, Postal Code-75270
Pakistan. Contact: +9299261261-8, Ext:2405 & 2516
1. A.D. Chandio, Residual Stress Study of Nickel Aluminide (βNiAl) Coatings Deposited by In Situ Chemical Vapour Deposition Method, Key Engineering Materials (in process 2020)
2. Naimatullah Channa; Muhammad Khalid; Ali Dad Chandio; Ghulam Mustafa; Saeed Akhtar; Junaid Kareem Khan; Jamshed Ahmad; Kashif Ali Kalhoro Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, January 2020, Volume 31, Issue 2, pp 1661–1671.
3. Ali Dad Chandio, Muhammad Basit Ansari, Shahid Hussain, Muhammad Ali Siddiqui, Silicon Carbide Effect as Reinforcement on Aluminium Metal Matrix Composite, J. Chem. Soc. Pak, issue 4, volume 41, 2019.
4. Abdul Sattar Chang, Nusrat Naeem Memon, Sidra Amin, Fouzia Chang, Umair Aftab, Muhammad Ishaq Abro, Ali Dad Chandio, Aqeel Ahmed Shah, Mazhar Hussain Ibupoto, Dr. Muhammad Akram Ansari and Zafar Hussain Ibupoto, Electroanalysis, 05 April 2019.
5. Zafar Hussain Ibupoto Muhammad Ali Bhatti, Aqeel AhmedShah, Khalida Faryal Almani, Aneela Tahira , Seyed Ebrahim Chalangar, Ali dad Chandio, Omer Nur, Magnus, Willander, Efficient photo catalysts based on silver doped ZnO nanorods for the photo degradation of methyl orange, Ceramics International, Volume 45, Issue 11, 2019.
6. Shahid Hussain Abro, A.D. Chandio, Abdul Aziz S. Alaboodi and Iftikhar Ahmed Channa, On the effect of global warming and role of automotive industry, PCSIR Journal, 2019 62A(3) 197 – 201.
7. Madani Shifa, Fawad and A.D. Chandio, Mechanical and electrical properties of hybrid honeycomb sandwich structure for spacecraft structural applications"
8. Muhammad Khalid, J. Kareem, A. D. Chandio , H. M. N. Ul Huda K. Asghar , Z. A. Gilani, S. Riaz and S. Naseem “A Simulation Model Approach To Analysis of High Breakdown Voltage in Normall-Off 4H-SiC Vertical Junction Field Effect Transistor” Journal of Ovonic Research, Vol. 14, No. 6, November – December 2018, p. 459 - 465 2018.
9. Shahid Hussain Abro, A.D. Chandio Influence of austenite phase transformation on existing microstructure of low C-Mn steel, Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol 8, issue 6, pp 3525 – 3529, December 2018.
10. Murtuza Mehdi, Alidad Chandio, Maaz Akhtar, Zaibullah Khan, Ahsan Zaman, Adeel Muhammad, (2019) "Silver nano platelet films on soft micro grating surface", Microelectronics International, Vol. 36 Issue: 1, pp.1-7, https://doi.org/10.1108/MI-07-2018-0044.
11. M. A. Khan Z. A. Gilan M. S. Shifa , A. D. Chandio , M. N. Usmani , H. M. N. Ul Huda K. Asghar , S. Aslam , M. Khalid , A. Perveen , J. Ur Rehman , M. Mustaq EE Thermogravimetric Analysis, Optical and Dielectric Properties of Newly Developed LiNi0.5PrxFe2−xo4 Nanocrystalline Ferrites, Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, Vol 13, issue 3, pp. 809 – 816, 2018.
12. Shahid Hussain Abro, A.D. Chandio and Umair Aftab, “Effect of Heating Rate on Microstructural Developments in Cold Heading Quality Steel Used for Automotive Applications” Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology,, Vol. 37, issue 3, p 461-466, July 2018.
13. Kashif Abro, Ali Dad Chandio,
Ilyas Khan and Irfan Abro, Dual Thermal
Analysis of Magnetohydrodynamic Flow of Nanofluids Via Modern Approaches of
Caputo-Fabrizio and Atanagana-Baleanu Fractional Derivatives Embedded in
14. Muhammad Yasir Khan, Ali Dad Chandio, Muhammad Sohail, Muhammad Arsalan, Muhammad Wasim Akhtar, SYED Zeeshan Abbas and ZEESHAN Akhtar, Low Temperature Synthesis of Anatase TiO2 Nanoparticles and its Application in Nanocrystalline Thin Films, Journal of Key Engineering Materials, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland Vol. 778, pp 86-90, 2018.
15. Ali Dad Chandio, Nabeel A. Khan, Rameez Jawaid and S. Naqi Mohsin “Failure Study of Two Dissimilar Steels Joined by Spot Welding Technique” Journal of Key Engineering Materials, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland Vol. 778, pp 262-267, 2018.
16. Muhammad Yasir Khan, Ali Dad Chandio, Muhammad Sohail, SYED Zeeshan Abbas, RAO Shakeel Ahmed, SHAHID Bhutto and SYED Junaid Mehmood “Removal of Heavy Metals (Lead, Cadmium and Iron) from Low-Grade Nanoscale Zinc Oxide using Ammonium Carbonate Solution as a Leaching Agent” Journal of Key Engineering Materials, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland Vol. 778, pp 132-136, 2018.
17. M. A. Kalhoro, Z. H. Ibupoto, A. D. Chandio, K. A. Kalhoro, Q.U.A Baloch, Effect of bi-solvents on the Morphology of CuO Nanostructures Using Soft Template, Research Journal-Science Series, Vol 49, issue (4), 2017.
18. A.D. Chandio, M.A. Kalhoro, S.T. Iqbal and K.A. Kalhoro, Analysis of the βNiAl Coating Conditions using an In-situ Chemical Vapour Deposition Technique, Sindh University Research Journal-Science Series, Vol 49, issue (2), 2017.
19. K.A. Kalhoro, M. Khalid, A.D. Chandio, M.A. Kalhoro and N. Channa, Impedance Spectroscopy of Copper Substituted Nickel Ferrite Nanoparticles, Sindh University Research Journal-Science Series, Vol 49, issue (3) September 2017.
20. Ali Dad Chandio and Shahid Hussain Abro “Effect of Temperature and Time on Nickel Aluminide Deposition” Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Vol 37, issue 4, pp 491 – 496, 2018.
21. Abdul Rauf Jamali, Ali Dad Chandio, Waseem Khan, Zubia Anwer and Imtiaz Ali Soomro, Plasmonic Effect of Gold Nanoparticles Surrounded by Multidielectric Matrix, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Vol 36, issue 3, 2017.
22. Chandio, A. D. and P. Xiao (2017). Study of Effect of Hafnium Addition on Oxidation Resistance of βNiAl Coatings Prepared by an In-Situ Chemical Vapour Deposition Method. Developments in Strategic Ceramic Materials II, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.: 247-259.
23. Chandio A.D. and Xiao P., Effect of Pack Aluminising Conditions on βNiAl Coatings, International Journal of Chemical, Molecular, Nuclear, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering Vol:10, No:6, 2016.
24. Chandio A.D., Zhao X., Chen Y. Bai M. and Xiao P. , A Study of a βNiAl Bondcoat Deposited Onto CMSX-4 Superalloy for Thermal Barrier Applications, in Developments in Strategic Ceramic Materials. 2015, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. p. 203-218.
25. Mingwen Bai, Eleni Sarakinou, Ying Chen, Ali Daad Chandio, Xiaofeng Zhao, Michael Preuss, Ping Xiao, Microtexture Analysis of the Alumina Scale in Thermal Barrier Coatings. Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 2015. 98(12): p. 3639-3642.
26. Chen, Y., Zhao, X., Bai, M., Chandio, A., Wu, R., Xiao, P. “Effect of platinum addition on oxidation behaviour of γ/γ′ nickel aluminide”, Acta Materialia, 2015. 86(0): p. 319-330.
27. Aqeel Ahmed Shah, Zhongyi Guo, Ali Dad Chandio, Yanjun Xiao, Sangwon Jee, Syed Abdul Moiz, Qurban A. Shah and Jung-Ho Lee, Fabrication of Si-Ge Nanowires, NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences (NJES) 12/2010; 3(1):35.
Research and Projects
1. Failure Investigation of Aircrafts, Sub-marines, power plants etc.
2. Ms.Shafaq Asrar
3. Mr. Waseem Khan
4. Ms. Zubia Anwar
5. Ms. Sajida Shaikh
6. Ms. Ambreen Azmat
Research Assistants / MS Students
2. Mr. Majid (MS student)
3. Mr. Haseeb (Research Assistants)
4. Mr. Babar Farouqi (Research Assistants)